Registration page link
Steele Creek Little League Fall 2020 season info:
We WILL age-up players for the fall season as we normally do. This means we will follow the 2021 Little League age chart and Divison info (see here), essentially going by a player’s actual age as of 8/31/2021. There will be two exceptions to this age guideline:
- Players who wish to remain in the age division they would have been in for spring 2020 may request to do so. We understand that the missed spring season may have hindered some less experienced players’ development and their parents may want them to play one more season at this lower level before moving up. Players who have played 3 previous seasons at their recent level are encouraged to move up as a group and maintain the camaraderie they have formed.
- Players with DOB’s between Sept 2003 and Aug 2004 would have aged out after the spring 2020 season, but will be able to play one final season as a “league-age” 16 year old for the fall 2020 season. This will expand the Senior Division to include league ages 15, 16, and 16+.
Our “Summer Season” of workout sessions and semi-formal games will continue into mid-July. Players should now begin attending the workouts for the division they will be playing in for the fall, which for about half of them will be a higher division than what they played last season. Summer Practice Squad rosters have now been established in the website for Machine Pitch, Minors, Majors/Intermediate, Juniors, and Seniors divisions. Parents will receive an email notification with their player(s)’ Division assignment, and that will be the Division you should register your child in. If you want to request your player to play back down in the division they would have played in for Spring 2020 instead, please email firstname.lastname@example.org that request. Notifications of specific practice dates & times will begin going out based on these roster assignments.
Fall 2020 Season key dates (updated 7/31/2020):
7/1 Registration open
8/8 & 8/9 Evaluations (all Divisions except TeeBall)
8/7 Registration closes
8/9 Teams drafted
8/12 Team practices begin
8/29 Opening day-first games
9/5-7 No games-Labor Day weekend
Regular season games will end by/around 10/24 and post-season tournaments will be done by/around 11/1.
With playing 2 games per week (except Labor Day week), we will be able to play more games than a typical 12 game season, possibly as many as 16 games. We want to give the players some extra baseball to make up for the missed spring season. We understand some families may have travel plans during late-July into early Aug and may miss some evaluation practice sessions. While we encourage players to attend as many sessions as they can, the requirement is to attend one session. There will be multiple sessions over the 2-1/2 week period before the draft takes place to enable players to attend at least one that fits their family’s schedule. The first session will be on Saturday 7/18, and the remaining dates will be established soon.
Fall 2020 Evaluations schedule:
Players should attend ONE of the evaluations for their age, EITHER Saturday OR Sunday. Please arrive PROMPTLY at your player's start time, and players may leave once their turn is complete. Refer to the Little League age chart if you are unsure what "league age" your player is:
Saturday 8/8 all on field 4:
9-9:30am Majors/Intermediate league age 12
9:30-10am Majors/Intermediate league age 11
10-10:30am Minors league age 10
10:30-11am Minors league age 9
11-11:30am Machine Pitch league age 8
11:30-12noon Machine Pitch league age 7
Sunday 8/9 all on field 4:
12-12:30pm Majors/Intermediate league age 12
12:30-1pm Majors/Intermediate league age 11
1-1:30pm Minors league age 10
1:30-2pm Minors league age 9
2-2:30pm Machine Pitch league age 8
2:30-3pm Machine Pitch league age 7
*TeeBall does not hold evaluations. First activities will be team practices, planned to begin 8/15.
*Junior and Senior Divisions will evaluate players during their workout sessions.
Steele Creek Little League has cancelled the Spring 2020 season
Financials: Parents who had already requested a partial refund or fall season credit prior to the 5/15 cancellation deadline do not need to do anything further. Parents who had still intended to play or did not respond previously should email
to request one of 3 options:
- Partial refund (minus cost of uniform)
- Full credit used towards any fall sport
- Donate fee to SCAA to help cover facility maintenance costs (tax deductible donation)
Please include the player’s name, age division, and parent’s name in your email.
We are now shifting towards ‘Plan B’:
We will work towards starting up for fall season early to get additional games in to make up for the lost spring season, and also to get ahead of any possible late-fall resurgence of the virus. There are also some additional summer options we are now working towards that stay within the current ‘phase two’ restrictions and anticipated ‘phase three’ in late June/early July:
- Workout/practice sessions beginning soon. We will schedule weekend and/or weeknight workout sessions for each age division. Signups will be necessary to limit participation and stay within the 25 person limit including players, coaches, and parents. The spring rosters we had drafted will be dissolved and coaches will work with any players in that age division who attend each session. The goal is to offer some baseball activity for players, as well as continue skill development.
- Little League ‘Sandlot Games’- these are essentially ‘pickup games’ where the kids self manage the whole activity with minimal adult involvement. We would schedule specific dates/times for them and post a signup to ensure both minimum and maximum limits of players, but then once the players show up on that day they will take it from there, choosing teams, creating lineups & batting order, etc. Adults will supervise only for monitoring safety guidelines and assist players only when requested. More details to come as we get closer to ‘phase three’ which we anticipate will allow this type of activity. https://www.littleleague.org/play-little-league/sandlot-fun-days/
SCAA Baseball has structured the baseball divisions to be in line with Little League guidelines and the other Little League North Carolina District 3 associations. The structure builds our association from the T-Ball League through Majors League and then onto a full size field with the LL Junior and Senior League program.